2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Monday 29 January 2007

Too slow out here




Hi there all.




This computer and dial up connection is far too slow and tedious! I'm going to leave it for Khartoum ... still need to get back and pack. We had a rest day today ... did my washing, fixed my bike (or maybe our Bikeboy did - Dean) - had a broken spoke and buckled wheel, cleaned my bike, been re-packing, shaving and relaxing a little.




Thanks for all the comments ... tried to fly thru my e-mails ... and did not reply to everyone due to this slow connection ... please keep them coming and I do really appreciate them!!




I'm happy - or should I say very happy - enjoying the life up here! A bit sore and stiff, saddle sores coming along and settling into a new routine with the good old South Africans running the trucks and overland company that is supporting us. Some article apparently quoted me saying that I will attack in the desert and improve on my fifth place ... no chance there ... firstly the boys up front (Gunther, Chris, Eric and Adri) are far to fast and I'm enjoying a slower/sightseeing tour at the moment.




Keep well and I'll be in touch in six days.