2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Thursday 18 January 2007

You are getting spoilt!!

Hi all ... arrived in Luxor today - our first rest-day of the trip tomorrow!! Yeeha ... my legs can do with a little rest and recovery after nearly 800km in the last six days. I'm still absolutely ecstatic about the tour ... simply awesome ... cruising thru the countryside with no stress and all the time to see and absorb the world around us.

Off on a tour of the West Bank tomorrow morning and maybe fit in the Temple of Karnak in the afternoon. I'll fit in some blogging and e-mailing in the afternoon.

This town is much nicer than Cairo ... but full of tourists ... especially all the Krauts!! Got a hotel room again ... yes, I know, I'm going thru Africa and shouldn't take it so easy ... but I recon I'll be real sick of my tent very soon ...

I'll be in touch tomorrow ... cheers for now.