2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Sunday 21 January 2007

Bloody litter

Hi there all. The litter situation around here eventually really pissed me off. I was working real hard in the front bunch ... we were all enjoying the last tar day, for quite a while, and the boys were attacking over and over again.

About 60km into the 112km day, a plastic packet flew across and got stuck in my chain/rear jockey ... aagghh ... it took well over a minute to get it out and I lost the bunch. I did have a pleasant ride alone to Aswan ... along the Nile.

The children have all been quite aggressive along the route the last two days. Shaun got whacked with a stick, Howard had a boulder thrown at him and others were hit and abused too. The traffic picked up a little again, Aswan is clean and tidy - much hotter as we go South - and very beautiful around here.