2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Monday 1 January 2007

91kg

Well, one goal for 2007 has been reached ... I officially clock in at 91kg pre-Tour weight. Lots of muscle [;-)] and some fat. I have been strongly encouraged ... by previous Tour participants ... to go well above my normal/ideal/racing/sexy weight as Excess Storage Fat is vital.Although we get to eat very well, we will be burning off much more than we can really afford over the next four months.

So ... you can all take a guess and comment on what my End-of-Trip weight will be on 12 May 2007. 12 000kms of cycling over four months ... I'm thinking around 78kg ... ?