2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Saturday 6 January 2007

Body Dimensions

Aagghh … the last minute stress! Easing up slowly as I get closer to departure. Basically I just need to pack my bag for the plane and tidy up last minute irritations. Some good-byes, hopefully a good night’s sleep and off to the airport.

Besides my pre-tour weight (91kg), I’ve entered some body dimensions for an interesting comparison after the four month ride.

Calf (@ Infra-Patella tendon insertion)
Right – 37.5 cm
Left – 37 cm

Thigh (15cm above Patella)
Right – 53 cm
Left – 52.6

Waist (Across ASIS)
95 cm

Belly Button
96 cm

Chest (Across Nipple Line)
107.6 cm

Biceps (RHS across mole)
34.8 cm

Forearm (RHS across mole)
29 cm

Any takers on guessing how these figures will change? E-mail me your guesses and we’ll see how close you are.

Many thanks to the little helper, who helped compile the measurements ;-)

Otherwise cheers all for now … next time I log in here I’ll be 12000km to the north in a cold, bustling city called … CAIRO.