2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Monday 1 January 2007

End of 2006 and No Space!


Well another year gone by ... and a special one to come! I hope the next four months are as peaceful as the last weeks have been stressful! I have no idea how and where to pack everything I wish to take with ... it is absolutely impossible ... aagghh! Living out of a suitcase, packing for the trip and storing everything else is a mission itself. Then shops and embassies are closed and still more than enough work to fit in. I've got two more days of horses to fit in and then serious switching off and relaxing before my departure.

In one week today/now I'll be roaming thru bustling Cairo - haggling for everything and the kitchen sink.

Herewith wishing everyone a very pleasant, happy and fun 2007. Hope all your hangovers are not too bad ... I had a very quiet and enjoyable evening with my Boet and a few friends and felt fit as a fiddle this morning.

Some thanks must still go out to some help and effort for my trip. Firstly many thanks to my Ou-Boet, Andre, and Mel for their help in moving all my stuff. Thanks a mill also to my other Boet, Elmar, for the lekker financial support ... truly appreciate it!

Also many, many thanks to Geco Cycles - your time, effort, advice, help and discounts are greatly appreciated and needed.

Lastly also a big hello, thanks and greetings to my Godchild ... Skye Tayla Micklethwaite. We had a very nice Baptism yesterday - beside really enjoying the morning, it was also a very welcome break from the year end Silly-Season.