2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Tuesday 16 January 2007

110V means 110V ... NOT 220V



Sean popped in to quickly shave my hair with his electric razor on Friday evening at about 23h30 ... just before he packed his clippers far away.




Cool - lets have one millimeter all round and we''ll see how well/far it grows. All started well for about half of my head ...




... KABOOM ... flames, smoke, ashes and a couple of hotel room circuits less ... and his clippers were no more. I'm not too sure how he imagined 110V clippers to survive in 220V supply ... ;-)




Well ... no problem I said ... we will be roughing it anyway. "No, No" said Sean, "I'll shave it quickly!" So four razors later and 02h10 in the morning we eventually finished ...!




No luck there with a good nights sleep before day one ...