2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Monday 6 August 2012

Time flies ... when you getting stressed ...

Well, I head off in 4 weeks ... window period opens in five weeks ...

OMG ... that sounds scary!!

I just had a great week of training ... 34km in total. 11km COLD water swimming on Saturday and another 12km Sunday in a 25m pool ... just to make sure I practise being totally bored.

Travels are still getting in the way :-( Currently I am in Johannesburg and Pretoria for ten days. Then some more travels next week.

For those of you that have access to Twitter or Facebook ... you can now also follow me on these media ...

Twitter: @Adventure_Pat