2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Monday 21 May 2007

Thank You!!

I know I'm going to leave some people out of this ... purely by mistake ... and I'm sorry if I forgot ...

Firstly to all of you reading this regularly ... thanks for sharing this most amazing trip with me! Thanks for the comments and thoughts and those for just reading it regularly.

First and foremost ... thanks for my brother, parents and Phil Head ... for being my contacts back home for queries, needs, computer stuff, blog updates ... and boet for keeping my life back home on the right road!!! I couldn't have done this without you ...

Obviously also thanks to Tammy for looking after the practice.

Thanks to all my family, friends, clients and others who bought raffle tickets and contributed financially to my trip!

Gecko cycles for my bike and stuff and the sponsors of the prizes ... look right on my blog page ... for your contributions.

Lastly thanks to all the riders and staff on this trip ... the organisation and trip itself was absolutely superb! and the riders were real great ... really nice to have met you all ... some more than others, and I'm sure you'll know who ...