2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Wednesday 9 May 2007

I can't do this anymore!


Back in South Africa ...


Well, I'm back in South Africa ... exactly four months since I flew out of Jo'burg International (I know the name has/is changing, but I prefer the old one).

We stayed at a lekker camp ... Fiddlers Creek ... just on the Orange River, on the RSA side. We have made it to Springbok and are spending some time in this major city ... well, not really major.

Once again we have another little bug going around the camp ... my stomach packed up two nights ago and I've been blessed with a head cold too ... lets get it over with now and then come charging into Yzerfontein and Cape Town in top gear on the weekend.

Well, this will probably be all for a while ... don't think we will have more e-mail connections pre-Cape Town ... so I'll do some more from home (wherever that is going to be ...?) and sumarise some other information too.

Well, hope to see lots of you back home soon. I'll need a holiday to recover and get back into things ... so to all my dear clients - I'm only going to get back into the swing of work towards the end of the month ... end of May!

Lotsa luv all
Patrick

P.S. ... lack of photos was due to lack of USB connections on computers since Botswana