2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Thursday 17 May 2007

Home, happy and chilling

Hi there all!!

I've done it ... actually several days ago already ... I've just been running around like crazy and haven't set up my computer yet (sitting in Stellenbosch in an internet cafe) ... and therefore only sending this out now ... we cruised in last Saturday and have not stopped since ...

It has been absolutely amazing!! The best thing I have ever done and worth every penny and all the debt I have accrued to do so!

I'll update you all with information and pics early in the next week ... still running around with friends from the tour and trying to find some peace and quite here and there - actually, to be honest, I would rather be back in Sudan in the open, empty sand-pit with little to do and surviving out of my little red box ...

Well, I've got a couple more tourist destinations to go thru ... off to Hermanus and the wine farms today, Greenmarket Square on Saturday and dinner here and there. Already done Table Mountain, Cape Point, Peninsula Tour and some sailing (Thanks Rob Meek and Gordon Kling for the sail) ... weird how one becomes a tourist in one's own town ... ;-)

Later guys and gals ...