2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Wednesday 28 March 2007

welcome to Mbeya

We crossed the half-way mark last week ... I was thinking of doing the trip as a Duathlon?
The sunsets out here are absolutely stunning
Hi there all!



Arrived in Mbeya at about 11h15 ... had an amazing ride! Although only 94km today - it ended with a 25km climb ... and what a climb it was! I'm feeling real strong again and really enjoying the riding at the moment ... not that I stopped enjoying it, just that I was real irritated with the little niggles and complaints of my aging body.



The countryside here is very lush, green and lots of wonderful rolling hills. It has been quite a bit cooler over the last three days - a bit of night showers and overcast during the day ... thank God, cause the sun here is real brutal and intense when it does pop out of the cloud cover.
We have one night here in Mbeya and head off tomorrow for Malawi. Friday night we will be on Lake Malawi ... YEEHA ... swimming!!! And Andre will be visiting with half a bike shop of spares for fellow riders and some sweets and newspapers for me. And yes I can afford to eat the chocolates Oli ... I am whithering away here and need to get some fat back on my bones.