2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Thursday 22 March 2007

From Arusha onwards

Well I've had a good three days rest ... well, relatively good. Been sitting on the toilet more than the last two months combined ...

I have been able to relax though. The camp has been very pleasant and quiet with a good 22 riders off on the three day safari ... I presume they will be back when I head back to camp just now. Didn't do too much yesterday and basic admin and necessary stuff today.

Tigers!? In Africa!?


Tomorrow we head off on a tough seven day stretch before our next rest day in Iringa ... and seven days of gravel roads - which turn to mammoth mud baths when the rain comes down ... which it will. Two years ago the truck with the rider's tents and equipment didn't make it to the next camp till after midnight ... great. On the plus side though - it is apparently the most beautiful section of the whole trip!!

I don't have much more to say for now ...

No gnus is good gnus

... cause I didn't do too much. Got some sad news though ... one of the (really nice) riders has decided to leave the tour ... can't divulge the name yet, but I'm definitely gonna miss em ... if you get to read this, please consider coming back in a couple of weeks ... ;-)

That is all for now folks ... gotta get back to clean my bike, which has been sitting in the rain and mud for three days!!

Ciao