2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Tuesday 13 March 2012

A bit of fun before resuming some serious training




Well ... I recon I have had a far too long a break now! Tapering to race week. Then a failed race. Then a week of holiday. Then no swimming for a week due to a nasty upper respiratory infection ... that adds up to four weeks of being lazy. It is now high time I dig deep and up my training to a good 25 km per week.





The Plan ...


- Three mornings a week at 5 to 6km swimming (squad training most sessions)

- One long weekend swim, preferably open water (10km)

- Two (or three) gym sessions

- And when time allows, and training has been good ... some cycling or running as a reward


And on a lighter note I didn't laze around totally while sick ... it might not have been ideal, but I still went out to enjoy the annual Argus Cycle Tour ... this time purely for fun and laughs ...