2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Sunday 4 February 2007

Onwards from Khartoum

Tonight we are being hosted by the Sudanese Cycling federation for dinner (I wrote this earlier and am still sitting in the Internet cafe … decided to chill out in camp, pack bags and get a good nights sleep). I still need to pack my bag and Red Box and clean my bike. We then head off towards Ethiopia … quite good, flat, tarred roads. Some short sections of rough road surfaces expected shortly before the border and then two rough days to Gondor in Ethiopia. I’m going to leave on my rough terrain tyres … and take it a little easier during the next week … my legs are taking a little strain and I’ve developed a real nasty little sore down on my saddle regions … eina!

So keep well all, don’t work too hard and think of me enjoying myself! Not sure when next I’ll have a connection to get on line … love you lots …