2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Thursday 12 January 2012

To Cycle ... To Swim ... To Run ...?

Oh how I miss my cycling and running ... every year at this time I would be cycling a lot to prepare for the Argus Cycle Tour (109km road race around Cape Town) ... and seeing all these cyclists out there in the nice weather is tough. Them in the sun and heat ... myself in the cooold sea ...


The odd run I am fitting in is not as enjoyable as it used to be ... basically carrying a few extra pounds around my waist is not that comfortable ;-)


Well, I presume it is all in the mind ... I will cycle and run loads after September ... but for now I just need to suck it up, put on the Speedo and head down to the pool ...