2012 English Channel Swim

7 - 14 September 2012



After having cycled through Africa, completed 5 Ironman Triathlons, run the Comrades Ultra Marathon, Climbed Kili ... I have decided to take on a slightly tougher option ...



... 34km of cold, open water swimming ... leaving the coast of the eternal "wanna-be" soccer nation, over to the "frogs" on the other side ...





Wednesday 21 December 2011

Skipper found ... Perth here I come ...

The good news is that I have found a skipper for the Rottnest Channel Swim in February 2012!


This good news is coupled with even better news that I have found a training partner for my swim endeavours ... Myles is down to swim the English Channel in the exact same slot as myself (September 2012) - he is the same age as myself and also lives in Cape Town.


... Now just to get our acts together and actually get down to doing some proper training :-)


Myles put me in contact with his Rottnest skipper from last year - who was still available (after having mistakenly held a slot for a different Patrick) ... oh how nice life sometimes works out.


So Perth here I come ... Flights booked, qualifier swum, skipper found ... now for the training.